Trident Industries designs, engineers, and manufactures fiber reinforced polymer composite utility poles. We have been in business for over 15 years and have thousands of poles installed across the United States and Caribbean. Trident poles are used extensively in distribution and sub-transmission applications for storm hardening, self-supporting, limited access, environmentally challenging conditions, and more.
We are seeking an engineer who will work directly with our customer utility engineers and be responsible for all activities associated with the design and sizing of composite poles to fit the utilities needs.
Job Description: Composite Utilities Engineer, Full-Time
Location: Granite City, IL
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide technical support for the design and sizing of our utility poles. Use of pole loading/structural analysis tools for designing utility overhead systems using Trident’s composite poles.
- Work closely with our customers to develop standards for the use of composite poles in their systems.
- Communicate effectively and coordinate with private clients, utilities, and project teams.
- Work with sales team to develop new business opportunities.
- Provide support to the Operations Facility where Trident’s composite utility poles are fabricated.
- Apply technical knowledge to assist in development of future products and improve on design and use of current products.
- Six (6) to Ten (10) years of project experience in the study, design, and construction of utility improvements.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college is required.
- Professional Engineer License, or an active commitment to obtain one, is required.
- A self-starter, versatile and interested in working on a variety of projects supporting the utility design and installation of our poles.
- Strong analytical, communication and human relations skills.
- Able to manage multiple assignments/projects and prioritize as required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite including Word, Outlook, Project, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with CADD platforms and experience with utility design software like PLS, O-Clac, Pole Foreman, SpidaCalc and others.
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills.
- Action oriented self-starter
- Communicates effectively
- Well organized
- Competitive base salary with annual tenure-based bonus structure
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Life insurance at 1x annualized pay
- Short-term disability insurance
- Trident’s 401(K) Retirement Plan