Trident Industries designs, engineers, and manufactures fiber reinforced polymer composite utility poles. We have been in business for over 15 years and have thousands of poles installed across the United States and Caribbean. Trident poles are used extensively in distribution and sub-transmission applications for storm hardening, self-supporting, limited access, environmentally challenging conditions, and more.
Our utility poles are pultruded in Houston, TX and Birmingham, AL then shipped to Granite City, IL for final fabrication per customer specifications. We are seeking a hands-on technician responsible for fabrication of poles prior to shipment to customers.
Job Description: Fabrication Technician
Location: Granite City, IL
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Pole framing for assembly which includes drilling poles, installing ground wire, composite sleeves, top cap and base plate, and labeling with goal of 100% accuracy.
- Assist in moving poles within the Granite City location in preparation of fabrication.
- Assist in taking physical inventories of materials and poles.
- Ability to work outside at times throughout the year.
- Coordinate with the Operations Manager for customer requirements and priorities.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Ability to operate power tools
- Mechanically inclined with ability to read framing drawing specifications
- Ability to operate a forklift with certification
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Action oriented self-starter
- Communicates effectively
- Detail oriented
- Well organized
- Competitive base salary with annual tenure-based bonus structure
- Health insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Life insurance at 1x annualized pay
- Short-term disability insurance
- Trident’s 401(K) Retirement Plan